240 D blowing thru oil & coolant

So, first long drive on a new to me two tank '82 Benz 240D. Drove OK in the week leading up to a big drive, not so good during the big drive:
Night 1: 260 miles, Warm up on diesel & balance of trip on WVO (No
bubbles in pan test, filtered through nominal 5 micron sock filters). 60-75 MPH the whole way, smelled like oil at the toll booth. Switched to diesel, last 20 miles, cause I thought WVO was running out (Pointed uphill, got a little hesitation)
Day 2: Checked WVO, <1/2" left in the tank. ~100 miles on diesel. Noticed oil pressure gage, usually pegged at '3' now floating between low to mid '2'. Engine rattle at idle goes away at higher revs as oil pressure increases, began to notice hesitation when it points uphill, otherwise runs OK.
Day 3: Checked oil, bottom of the stick. 2.5 quarts brings it to top of stick. Drive 50 miles, bottom of stick again. 1.5 quarts brings it . 5 quart above top of stick. 1 quart is used over next 250 miles, but oil pressure stays pegged at '3'. Over last 100 miles loss of power worsens to 55mph level with pedal floored.
Day 4: Volvo goes to work. Check oil on the benz, note 1 quart used / 250 mi. Check coolant, hope not to see oil. Maybe 2-3 quarts of green, rust and dark grey crud come out. No oil floating on top. NEVER saw the temp get above 80 C.
I think the power loss, especially with the car pointing uphill is an airbound fuel filter (the little one) due to a clogged large filter- if the IP pulls a vacuum, the little one will fill w/ air.
As for the oil and coolant loss, I'm hoping it's 'just' a head gasket.
Any suggestions, including leaving it on the bad side of town?
Andy
Using other than diesel #2 complicates this diagnosis suggest you suspend that until the other issues are solved.
Bio100 acts as a solvent and loosens all the old fuel deposits in the tank, fuel lines etc and dumps them into the fuel filters, so they're suspect.
Suggest you check the engine's air filter. Could be that there's excessive blow-by - so much that the lube oil is being sucked into the intake manifold. If that's so, either the cars' vacuum system, including brake booster, door locks etc., has a leak and the vacuum pump is dumping that excess into the motor, or, the piston rings are shot. If it starts well the latter is probably eliminated.
Suggest you clean and flush cooling system before jumping to conclusions about the head gasket. Neglected cars look horrible but can be brought back to good running condition. When was the engine's oil and filter last changed? Valves adjusted? You get the idea.
permission.
Thanks, TG:
The filter looks OK, but the plenum is oily with a flow pattern on it. I'm not sure if I understand how oil makes it from the crank case to the inlet- does it vent to the manifold? I also noticed a mist of black oil on the trunk lid when I thought better of changing the baby on it.
Anyway, I thought about WVO in the fuel tank, and that the guy who converted it my have goofed. Greaser's block the port in the banjo bolt on the fuel filter so that WVO return flow is not mixed with diesel return (I've seen it stated that way, not that I fully understand).
Will wrench & report my findings
The crankcase vent is on the top of the engine's valve cover; a rubber hose is connected to it and to the air cleaner or the intake manifold. That's how blow by gets into the intake.
Now, the other clue that you provided is the oil film or mist on the back of the car. That's the result of an oil leak on the motor. How about the valve cover? They usually leak a bit, yours may be gushing but it's an easy $10 - $15 fix. The other place to look is at the engine's crankshaft seals - front and back. Unfortunately these are not so easy to fix.
permission.
Right about the valve cover gasket. It's leaking mostly on the manifold side, and gets burned off by the exhaust manifold, so no incriminating puddle in the driveway. Still have to flush the coolant.
Andy