240 D clutch probs

Hi all, clutch probs as follows:
Replaced clutch of 83 240 D after throwout got real noisy and died- clutch barely disengaged (or engaged. whatever it does when the motor
turns and the tranny don't) when I put it on jackstands. Pulled out little throwout pieces and replaced pressure plate and clutch lining. Put it back together, no luv. Bled master, slave & brakes, now you can hear the slave click against the yoke and the pressure plate creak a little, still no clutch action.
Some fishy things about this benz: *The DMV says it's an '85- with the VIN that it has, it only registes as an '85 in their computer. *Most sources say the manual tranny was discontinued after '83 *Going by the VIN- autohausaz sent me the early throwout- with ear thingies. *Going by description of the tranny, the later throwout- no ear thingies is appropriate. *I pulled the early throwout out of the tranny- a little different than what I got, but it had ears, and fit the same as the new one.
Also, not positive that I put the side of the pressure plate labelled 'gearbox side' toward the gearbox.
Any idea what isn't right? please let me know
What is your whole vin number?

message
VIN is WDB1231231A036554
Where do you live? That vin is a non-USA or gray market car. It is a 1982 year model. Paint is 803 moss green Interior is 056 pine green fabric Engine number is 616912 10 366206 Transmission number is 716210 00 280790 It has options: 466 central locking system 504 electric right side mirror 534 mechanical antenna What bearing part number did they give you? Should have been either 0002525515 or 0002506815
Replaced clutch of 83 240 D after throwout got real noisy and died- clutch barely disengaged (or engaged. whatever it does when the motor turns and the tranny don't) when I put it on jackstands. Pulled out little throwout pieces and replaced pressure plate and clutch lining. Put it back together, no luv. Bled master, slave & brakes, now you can hear the slave click against the yoke and the pressure plate creak a little, still no clutch action.
Some fishy things about this benz: *The DMV says it's an '85- with the VIN that it has, it only registers as an '85 in their computer. *Most sources say the manual tranny was discontinued after '83 *Going by the VIN- autohausaz sent me the early throwout- with ear thingies. *Going by description of the tranny, the later throwout- no ear thingies is appropriate. *I pulled the early throwout out of the tranny- a little different than what I got, but it had ears, and fit the same as the new one.
Also, not positive that I put the side of the pressure plate labelled 'gearbox side' toward the gearbox.
Any idea what isn't right? please let me know.
VIN is WDB1231231A036554
Hi Karl,
I was shipped: 0002505515
Also available at autohausaz is: 0002506215
Did my dog bark at all when you were in my driveway? :)
https://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=iuysqkirenryf245wda2dm45&makeid 0016@Mercedes&modelid93004@240D%20&year83&cid@Clutch%20Parts&gid68@Clutch%20Release/Throwout%20Bearing

message
Oh, yeah,
I figured it was a graymarket. I live in buffalo, NY, last owner near albany, previous owner in texas.

message
I did not hear your dog.... I am in Fresno, Calif :)
The 55 you have is compatible with the 68, either or. It fits 123.120 which is a 200D. I believe it is wrong.
The 62 they also offer subs to 0012502315 and is optional with 0012502415. THAT one fits 123.123 up to vin 081100 which includes your car.
You should have bearing 000 250 62 15 or 001 250 23 15 or 001 250 24 15.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.lorett.com/fra/prodotti/prodotto2.php%3Fcod_prodotto%3D1467%26applicazione%3D20158&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=3&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3D0002506215%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG