240D 4cyc engine replacment

Is it advisable to replace a 4cyc diesel engine with a 5cyc turbo diesel for added power? My vehicle is a 1975 240D and is excellent condition. The engine has just quit on me and I thought it would be nice to step up to a
more powerful engine while I was replacing it.
Short answer, yes. Someone on the greasecar.com forums did this.
-- C