240D 4cyc engine replacment

Is it advisable to replace a 4cyc diesel engine with a 5cyc turbo diesel for added power? My vehicle is a 1975 240D and is excellent condition. The engine has just quit on me and I thought it would be nice to step up to a more powerful engine while I was replacing it.

Reply to
gpsman via CarKB.com

Short answer, yes. Someone on the greasecar.com forums did this.

-- C

Reply to
Colin Fletcher