240d a/c

I have '79 mb 240d.
There used to a/c, but prior owner removed compressor.
What can I do to get AC back?
j.

The question is what do you have now? Is the system exposed to dirt or was it sealed up? At the least, you are going have to replace the expansion valve and remove the AC hoses to flush out or buy new one... Change shraeder valve... and if your compressor is missing, try to scoop one up on ebay dirt cheap.
Tiger wrote:

yep, no compressor.
condensor still there.
j.

I have a 83 240D, with AC that works great, here in the DFW area. I have had to turn it off on occasion of high speed uphill merges and such, reminds me of my 74 bug convert with AC...