240D block heater location?

In a W115 body style 240D (1974), where does the block heater bolt/screw in? What must I remove (and where is it) from the engine block to install it? What's the size of the bolt?
After 30 years of Ohio salt and snow, I'm guessing it's probably a bolt that's thoroughly rusted to the block, so I'd really welcome any suggestions on removing the bolt as well (aside from a week's treatment with penetrating oil). Thanks so much.
You're getting the idea of the challenge that you will face installing a block heater. Look for an iron plug on the right side of the engine below the exhaust manifold just forward of the starter. You well need a breaker bar and a lot of luck to remove this thirty year old plug.
This engine managed to start for thirty years so why now a block heater?
Car managed to start until today, when i fired up the glow plugs a few times, then the engine refused to turn over.
I'm tempted to go buy a block heater, then pay someone to install it for me. Think a local garage will bite on that offer? I'm just not in the mood to mess with penetrating oil and the like.

Buy a new battery, you'll need one with or without a block heater.
The battery was replaced 2 months ago - the old one developed an internal short - so I don't -think- it's a low current issue. Also, the starter was replaced less than a year ago with a Bosch starter.
Problem solved - I was a moron. Apparently, it WAS the battery. I took it to get charged, put it back in, and it cranked up just fine.
Thanks everyone for all your help, but you just can't compete with my stupidity.