240D Buying Advice

Morning All,
I want to buy a 240D, as I fancy a big car and miss having a big benz. I'd love a tombstone headlight version, but I suspect that they might
command rather a premium.
How much could I pay (min)? How much should I pay? Reliable? Rear seatbelts (I have a baba with a car-seat)? MPG? How rare are they? I can't find any in the classifieds. Let alone a black one (...the wife's involved).
I used to have a 350SLC, and got bitten in the arse with repair costs. I want to avoid doing that again if I can.
Any advice really appreciated.
Thanks,
Dan V