240D Cruise Control

I'm a newbie Mercedes 240D owner. Can someone tell me the proper way to set the cruise control. Up on the lever advances the acellerator and down does the opposite, but can't get to engage correctly. Thanks for the help.

Reply to
240DED

Up on the lever to increase. Release at the speed you want. Does not hold speed? = Bad amplifier.

Reply to
Karl

Do you mean 'resume' perhaps?

I have a more modern car but the cruise control is probably similar.

Pull towards you to resume after, say, braking.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Reply to
Darrell with DieselBenz.info

... And pull away from you to disengage the cruise control without touching the brake pedal.

Reply to
Hernando Correa

?? Pull away??

To disengage, you push towards the dash.

... And pull away from you to disengage the cruise control without touching the brake pedal.

Reply to
Karl

The control unit may not work anymore; it can be rebuilt if it's important to you.

see:

T.G. Lambach

Incorrect light bulbs or burned out light bulbs can prevent the cruise control from working. Weird but true. Check it out first.

Reply to
Gogarty

You could pull. Just get your arm and shoulder at a funny angle...

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

That's true, even brands of brake light bulbs matter.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Sorry. I should have said PUSH.

Reply to
Hernando Correa

The Performance Products catalog mentions it. So did my mechanic when my cruise control was not working. Just replaced a dead tail light bulb.

Reply to
Gogarty