240D Cruise Control

I'm a newbie Mercedes 240D owner. Can someone tell me the proper way to set the cruise control. Up on the lever advances the acellerator and down does the opposite, but can't get to engage correctly. Thanks
for the help.
Up on the lever to increase. Release at the speed you want. Does not hold speed? = Bad amplifier.

Yeah, it'd doubtful it's still working.
Karl wrote:

--

thanks,
Darrell
"240DED" < snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

... And pull away from you to disengage the cruise control without touching the brake pedal.
?? Pull away??
To disengage, you push towards the dash.
... And pull away from you to disengage the cruise control without touching the brake pedal.
You could pull. Just get your arm and shoulder at a funny angle...
DAS
"Karl" < snipped-for-privacy@prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:Bdshf.2075$Y% snipped-for-privacy@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
Karl wrote:

Sorry. I should have said PUSH.
The control unit may not work anymore; it can be rebuilt if it's important to you.
see: http://gdl-online.com/begin.html
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Incorrect light bulbs or burned out light bulbs can prevent the cruise control from working. Weird but true. Check it out first.
That's true, even brands of brake light bulbs matter.
says...

The Performance Products catalog mentions it. So did my mechanic when my cruise control was not working. Just replaced a dead tail light bulb.