240d - h2o Leak into boot

Regarding the water in the trunk (boot), I have this to share: I used liquid Turtle wax to soak the external and cracked window gasket. I used a towel to absorb
the water from the trunk. I then parked it and covered it with a car cover (not necessarily water-proof) and left it sit for the week. It has rained hard here for about 4 days of the past week. No water had leaked in. There's a small amount from previously (?) - a few spoons full--none standing. I need to somehow get that water sucked out and the area dry. Any suggestions? (I'll mention it Monday to the mechanic - who farms out body work). Voila! I think I've located the leak: gasket around the back window. It needs replacing - I will take it to the shop for that on Monday, while the front seal is also replaced. He has to keep it for a couple of days. I hope then to have the car back in three days without the oil leak and without the water leak. The costs are reasonable but the gasket replacement costs more than the front seal. I'm not complaining, just noting that. Eventually I need to have the windshield and sun-roof gaskets replaced. But for now the rear window gasket(seal) will do.
Helen