240d Hood Pad

Does anyone have a opinion on replacing the hood pad for a 1983 240d? Standard or heat shield type? What I am looking for is best noise reduction.

Reply to
Thaddeus Sniegocki

My 1981 300D (non-turbo) had a nonshielded pad, as did your 240. When mine peeled off, I replaced it with a shielded one simply because that was the only one available at the time.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Schaeffer

The heat shield type is for Diesel engines and is identical to the standard version except for the foil. You can get it discounted from Rusty Cullen at

800-741-5252. P.

Reply to
Peter Klein