240D MGP question

Page 2 of 2
these words:

You will have to forgive me, as I live in a country that has not decided if it needs to have metric or imperial standards. Thus, whilst we buy fuel in quantities of litres, we measure distance in miles.
French housewives still ask for a pound of butter at the grocer's, all those years after Napoleon established the metric system. They get served with 500 grammes... (Which ain't a pound weight.)
Though I am well aware that the nautical mile is an internationally recognised unit, I had no reason to think that the American mile should be the same as the British imperial mile. There are many American measures that do not equate to the old British measures.., the Bushel, for example.
--
All the best,
Stubbsy.

No reason to get political, now...
Bernard
these words:

It took me a few seconds to drop into your comment.... I discuss the Shrub in other ngs., but here restrict my comments to topics that pertain to Merc vehicles. :) -- All the best, and thanks for making me smile, Stubbsy.

I usually just laugh to myself.
these words:

Just had a thought...... Why vote for a Bush, which is only half a Bushel ? You could pass that one on to the Democrat PR folk....!
--
All the best,
Stubbsy.

Yes, but that would mean voting for a Kerry, which rhymes with merry, which also means gay.......you get the picture.

I have a 1981 240D auto and a 1982 240 4 speed -- both get 30-33mpgs. I have converted both to run on SVO -- vegetable oil -- the process is neat-o.
Do you still get 30 MPG after you convert to SVO?
I have a low milage '83 with an almost new engine. Would like to run SVO in my 240D. What changes did you make to convert your car?
-Rick