240d primer pump leak

I changed filters today and used the pump to prime the filters. It started to leak while pumping and continued after I started the engine. Can this be rebuilt or does it have to be replaced. It's an 82.

Chris

Reply to
ChrisH

It would probably need to be replaced and they are relatively inexpensive.

Reply to
Jeff

Look at one of the on-line parts sellers for "hand primer pump" - it's about $20.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

Make sure you get the newer replacement type that simply pumps up and down without the screw mechanism. Saw one on eBay for about $20 plus $7 shipping but you might be able to find one locally for less.

Reply to
Ernie Sparks