240D turbo?

If it is true that you cannot turbo a 240d ...then can you put a 300TD engine in a 240D?

Turbo and non-turbo is different engine... turbo one has lower compression and beefier engine components.
Yes, you can put in 300 turbo diesel in... both a W123 car... but effort may not be worth it... different tranny I believe... all the plumbings... you are better off selling that car and get the one you want.
Yes you can. I put an engine from an 83 300SD into my 79 240D. Kept my original manual tranny.
Depends on if you are very handy with the wrenches and how much you want to keep the car. I had the knowhow to do the engine swap, but my engine stand was occupied by another project. Had mechanic do it. Cost in 2001, including rebuilding tranny and converting AC to 134a was about US $3k.
Rochelle
so the engine will bolt up to the 240 tranny...mine is 4 speed...and my ac has already been converted......how much did u have to pay for the used engine?
AFAIK it was a straight swap. This weekend I will go out and look at the bolt patterns. Sorry I don't have time & daylight before then. Mechanic didn't say anything about it.
Paid 500 for engine & trans together.
Rochelle
so the engine will bolt up to the 240 tranny...mine is 4 speed...and my ac has already been converted......how much did u have to pay for the used engine?

You can use a supercharger. It's output has to match the compression curve of your motor.
--
"Peaceful solutions ARE possible!" - George Fritschmann III