250,000KM too high a mileage for 1995 C280 ?

Hi Everyone,
I have a choice between buying a 96 Mazda Millenia S or a 95 C280.
The mazda has about 115,000KM on it, fully loaded and is much cheaper.
The C280 has 250,000KM and is in immaculate condition. Appears to be well maintained.
I am leaning towards the C280 b/cos MB is known to be durable etc. But am a little worried that 250,000KM is a bit too high for the mileage, even for a MB. should I be concerned ? I mean for how long will this car be driveable ? A friend tells me a MB could go past 500,000km and still be in very good form. Is this true ?
I'll appreciate any input on this ?
Thanks
I recently received from MB the High Mileage Award for my '86 190E 2.3. It has logged over 194,000 MILES (310,000KM) and the engine is still in excellent condition. I guess the requirements for longevity are good maintenance and a little luck.
Poise wrote:

How about this; my brother's former 260E from Germany, 260,000KM of full speed driving (so the owner claimed, brought it to Canada and was not aware that there was no speed limit here :-) ) and now it has about 340,000km, in great shape and still goes up mountain passes at 200km/h
cp
Snickering
Poise wrote:

I would stay away from it no matter how nice it is. 250K is not much for a well maintained benz but there are sooooo many benzes out there with much lower kilometers. Heck, when I was looking around to buy a 25 year old diesel I wouldn't look at anything over 250K as there cars to choose from with less. At 250K the car might be up for many longer term maintenance items. Don't bother with it unless you can get it for a great deal. I suppose you're in Canada?
cp

I traded my 95 Saturn wagon in January with 363,000 km on it. I had replaced the head gasket the previous November and there was no scoring or varnish buildup and the cross-hatching was still visible. All in all-negligible wear. If the previous owner maintained the car properly, I'd guess the C280 should be in similar shape. That being said, it's still lots of kilometers...
Tim Delaney 1984 300SD 220,000km
cp wrote:

Thank you very much, everyone, for your responses.
yes, am in canada and the asking price is $8800 CND
cp wrote:

That's cheap, very cheap but it'd be better to pay more for a car with lower kms, this one will have long term maintenance coming up.
cp

I agree!

There's a >WRECKED< 1995 C280 for sale in Vancouver for $8000CAD, maybe some money can be made parting it out...
The M-B has another 150K KM in it IF it was well maintained. That doesn't mean repair free - and those repairs are expensive, don't think otherwise.
Owning a M-B is like having a trophy wife rewarding in some ways but not a bargain!
Buy the Mazda unless you'll be comfortable with the M-B's potential repair costs.