280 SE Radio wiring

A friend has just acquired an excellent 1978 280 SE. She's got a new Kenwood CD/stereo for it, which requires a "harness" to get all the wires
into the right slots..... But, the wires we have coming out of the cavity in the dash don't match any of the colours given in the Kenwood wiring diagram. Does anyone know what each of the wires coming out from under the dash are? i.e. what colour is which wire?
Many thanks from DG in Seattle 1985 500 SEC
She most likely has the two channel speaker layout as in all older Mercedes... where you have a separate fader control on center console.
What you need to do is disconnect that fader and find out which wire of the harness goes to which speaker... and then splice it into Kenwood. unit.
As for power... you have to use multimeter to determine which is which... brown is ground (black) and blue is antennae... still blue. There is probably a grey wire... and that one is for light which will correspond to orange I think for night dimming.