280SEL 4.5 door latch

HELP!! Anyone know a trick for releasing a stuck rear door latch on a '73 280SEL4.5 ???? I can't seem to remove any of the inside trim, because the door is stuck
CLOSED !!!! Wood trim won't come out, trapped by wind lace and such... ... that traps the trim across the top of the inside door panel and the inside door panel itself!!!!! The outside door button moves...... The inside door handle moves and sounds like it is moving the rods from the lock to the latch...
Thanks, Dennis
dh280 wrote:

Remove woodtrim (the one facing front) (remove two screws). after remove the large wooden trim (the up/rear part.) after that remove the door knob. (unscrew) yank (carefull) the upper part of the doortrim off the door.
Here you schould be able to see the long rod going to the door lock.
I wouldn't know how to remove the the entire panel with the door closed. It might be possible if you remove the rear bench.
good luck,
Maurits.
1969 280SEL