30 year roadside asistance??

I have just purchased a 2002 E Class cdi270 & read i n the manual about a 30 year roadside assistance deal.
Is this true?

MobiloLife http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content/unitedkingdom/mpc/mpc_unitedkingdom_website/en/home_mpc/passenger_cars/home/after_sales/our_best_kept_secret.html
DAS
When you E class brakes down, you phone the mobo assistance, they recover vehicle to an MB dealer, who then presents you with a big bill for the repair, eg Alternator 900 PS If you live in the SE, go to Gorrias, (MB Main Dealer) Boulogne, France, service is a third UK price and you can go shopping. eg A service 90, B service inc pads 300

You can try it, but in my experience, this is just another MB lie! I tried to get them to come a couple of times. Their trucks were out of range once, and once it would have taken over 2 hrs to get to me. The dealer in my town, Heavy Carl, does not even like to service kars over 10 yrs old in his garage! You have to consider these matters when making your next purchase.
mcbrue beingcoveredbykudzu in the trailer down by the river under the bridge
96 S420
For what it's worth...... I've called the 'roadside' assistance # on several occasions when I've been doing some work on one of my cars on the weekend to find that the fellow on the other end walked me though the repairs that I was trying to do.... good experience for me there. If I'm going to get towed, I 'know' that I'm going to paying a big bill..... what else
cheers, guenter
ps. usually I'm critical of dealerships :-) but it's important to be fair
and also mention the good side