300 CE Horn dead

Horn problem: The horn on my 1991 W124 Series 300CE 24V Sportline has ceased to function. I've checked the fuses - removed, sand-papered, cleaned with contact
cleaner, replaced into similarly cleaned holder and nothing! Mine is a French spec. car and I can find no clue as to which fuse feeds the horn so I cleaned them all. Nothing. Any ideas out there? My thanks in advance.
Test your horn itself by bringing battery power directly to it. If it works, then your steering horn ring needs to be replaced.
On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 14:55:23 GMT, dont.blame wrote:

Jump a 12v feed to the horn and make sure that it is working properly. Mike
--
W126 300SE
W115 220/8
| Horn problem: | The horn on my 1991 W124 Series 300CE 24V Sportline has ceased to function. | I've checked the fuses - removed, sand-papered, cleaned with contact | cleaner, replaced into similarly cleaned holder and nothing! | Mine is a French spec. car and I can find no clue as to which fuse feeds the | horn so I cleaned them all. | Nothing. | Any ideas out there? | My thanks in advance.
Almost certainly the steering wheel end. Therre are contacts under the airbag and a slip ring behind the wheel itself. Thses tend to fill up with crud and stop working. A thorough clean should do it.