300 E, 24 VALVE UPDATE

Hi,
I live in Victoria, Australia and have a 1990 300E 24 Valve Update.
Do to the high cost of premium unleaded petrol I am thinking of converting my Benz to L.P.G.
Has anyone here done this before and know of any problems by doing this ???
The cost of the conversion is $2100.00 ( Oz $$$$ )
Thanks,
Neil