300 sd mb early 1980's problems

I have been looking for a 300sd md, and I found one. Here is a list of the problems I observed.
1.    Mechanic said possible needed gp relay or gps
    it started, weather was warm about 70 deg F.          The gp light did not come on.
2.    engine idled ok, no nailing observed.
3.    transmission shift kinda hard from 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th ok
    after drive, checked transmission fluid, it was low, but was on dip stick
4.    right turn signal did not work
5.    odometer did not work, miles at 266,000
6.    windows rolled up and down
7.    front seat adjusted using electrical controls
8.    leather cracked on drive seat
9.    sun roof was closed and did not operate w control
10.    shimmy in front end about 70 mph
11.    cruise control did not appear to work
12.    temperature control     ac did not work     could not tell if heater worked (this could be more important)
some of this work I can do, ie gp relay, replace gps
I have heard that the temp control system is hard to work on.
I made an offer of $700, but it was turned down.
any advice?
Previous owner said he had owned it since 1990.
j.
You must have owned a M-B diesel to see this neglected car for what it is - a financial and time drain. But up to say, $1,000, its scrap value would offset much of its purchase price.
The fact that the engine started speaks well of the engine, especially if it was cold, not having been run.
The shimmy at 70 mph could be an unbalanced tire or worn tie rod end or ball joint - more likely the unbalanced tire.
The heat is controlled by a "monovalve" that can be rebuilt with a kit. The $$$ come in if the electronic control is shot.
Hard shifts result from vacuum leak(s) between the main line, vac. control valve (on throttle) and trans. modulator.
The other items on your list are optional - depending your your standards.
Everything CAN be fixed if you WANT to fix it.
Turn signal could be the combination switch (stalk), wiring, etc.
Cruise controller can be rebuilt.
Leatherique will restore the leather seat.
Be happy the sun roof is stuck shut, not open.
If you want to spend some time and $$ this ugly duckling can be put right - but if it has rust I suggest you look elsewhere.
There's no shortage of these cars and a few repairs will quickly raise the cost of this rundown car to the $2K to $3K that a good car would cost - and you wouldn't be out the time spent fixing this one.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

1981 300SD "Der Klunker" ex-Pimpmobile
But Oh! What a wonderful car even as bits keep falling off it.