I have been looking for a 300sd md, and I found one. Here is a list of
the problems I observed.
1. Mechanic said possible needed gp relay or gps
it started, weather was warm about 70 deg F.
The gp light did not come on.
2. engine idled ok, no nailing observed.
3. transmission shift kinda hard from 2nd to 3rd, 3rd to 4th ok
after drive, checked transmission fluid, it was low, but was on dip stick
4. right turn signal did not work
5. odometer did not work, miles at 266,000
6. windows rolled up and down
7. front seat adjusted using electrical controls
8. leather cracked on drive seat
9. sun roof was closed and did not operate w control
10. shimmy in front end about 70 mph
11. cruise control did not appear to work
12. temperature control
ac did not work
could not tell if heater worked (this could be more important)
some of this work I can do, ie gp relay, replace gps
I have heard that the temp control system is hard to work on.
I made an offer of $700, but it was turned down.
Previous owner said he had owned it since 1990.