300 SD wont start sometimes

I have an awsome 1983 300SD with 200k. About a month ago I drove 20 miles in 100 degree heat, turned off the engine and ten minutes later it wouldnt start.
No sound or turning of any kind. I replaced the ignition control module and the glow plugs and everything seemed fine. Then today it did the same thing. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I think maybe it has something to do with the engine temp? Thanks for the help!!!!!
I'd suspect an oil soaked or tired starter. But first know that's there's a neutral safety switch that may be a bit out of adjustment - so shift the shifter a bit when this next occurs, if only to disprove the safety switch possibility.
No sound nor turning... tells me one thing... neutral safety switch on the tranny.
Tiger wrote:

Very easy fix.
Tiger wrote:

is it located on a 1983 300SD? Thanks!!!!!!!!!
On the driver side of the tranny... find that shifter part on tranny... black device behind that shifter.
Tiger wrote:

gone above 80 until recently, and now it reaches 100 on occasion. Is this normal or should I be concerned? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check engine temp with a infrared thermometer. Mine did the same thing but the gauge is off by 15 degree. Old car temp gauge are not accurate anymore at this time.