300 TE auto box - stuck in forward gear

Hello,
I have been offered a 1991, 300TE - looks good, engine sweet (105,000 genuine miles) one elderly owner. Problem is that it is stuck in forward gear, owner says 3rd. but I donít know. Shift moves OK but it
stays in gear even in park position but park does lock. Anyone know whether this is a common "simple" problem, like linkage or vacuum etc or could it be an expensive one. I am a reasonable amateur mechanic and I have rebuilt a torqueflight box (some years ago and with instruction manual and overhall kit) but auto-boxes are not my strong point.
Thanks Max
--
This article was posted by author's request
by http://www.AutoForumz.com /. Report abuse: