300 TE $matic antisway bearings?

Anyone have a good source for the 4matic front anti-sway bar bearings and bushings (1990 300TE 4matic wagon)?

Thanks...

Reply to
Tom Sharples

benzbin or the like? Locally here in San Diego we have an interco that has parts if you are close.

Kevin in San Diego

Anyone have a good source for the 4matic front anti-sway bar bearings and bushings (1990 300TE 4matic wagon)?

Thanks...

Reply to
Tom Sharples

If you want to order and do-it-yourself, the Benz-Bin has decent prices. Be sure to get inner and outer sway bar bushings. I don't know of any bearings involved. I just had mine replaced. Eliminated that slight "klunk-klunk" sound coming from the front end when going over uneven pavement and potholes.

This fix shouldn't be more than $150 to have someone do it for you. Depends on labor charge. I would say 1.5 hours max, parts at $25. If its more labor time or parts $$ than that, then they are ripping you for the premium.

BTW, new bushings really help quiet the front end, and improve ride. I spent $$$ on struts, end-tie rods, new A-arms, strut mounts, and stabilizer shock before I did the sway bar bushings. I probably should have started at the sway bar bushings (least $$$) and gone the other direction. :-)

Jason

Reply to
Jason M.