300 TE rear suspension

My 88' 300 TD had a bad ride (no damping) I replaced the rear shocks (at great personal expense) now it rides as though it has really hard springs.
Do I have to bleed or otherwise condition the system when I change the
shocks?
Worse yet, did I change the wrong part.
Thanks Harry

Yes. You need to replace the accumulators. Fortunately, they are far less expensive than the shocks. Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc. 425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201 http://www.ditmire.com 609-641-3392