300CDT tranny no worky

Hi All,

I have a 1982 CDT w/ 240k miles that ran & drove strong until about a month ago, when the tranny began to slip when taking off in "L".

It continued accellerate from a stationary in "2" & "D" until it began slipping in these gears 2 days ago. Now it will only move in "R".

I read from this group (Jerome Kaidor, 5/28/2000) about verifying the vacuum system works (it does @ 19 psi), and that the vacuum control valve works (it does w/ about 12psi @ idle & decreasing as RPMs increase).

I turned modular pressure adjuster one clockwise rotation & the car seemed to be cured.

Three (San Francisco) city blocks later, it was back to square one; no forward propulsion.

Is it likely further modular pressure increase will help, or am I describing a tranny in the thros of death?

I'd like to test the modular pressure, but am unsure where to attach the guage.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

caviterruptor

Do a Google search for B2 servo or piston. Some sites discuss its symptoms and replacement.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach

B2 piston replacement article is here.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Thanks, will do.

Reply to
caviterruptor

Thanks for the good news. Will let you know how it goes. C.

Reply to
caviterruptor