[300CE24] cold start problem

Hi everybody !

I'm french, newbie on this mail list. Thanks for this nice idear !

I've got two W124 :

200E 1990 (127.000km) 300CE24 1991(240.000km)

My question is for 300ce24

Since 3 days i've got a cold start (only COLD) problem. Very hard to start in the morning after 10 hours off.

Today, i'm testing this :

Only power on 5/6 times (no start, only key on for starting only the fuel pomp) After this, i'm getting to start the engine and then my car is running very well !

Do you think there is a problem with my old pressure accumulator near the 2 fuel pomps ?? i've read this for HOT start, but never for COLD start but....perhaps ?

When my car was hot, i've just need to take a little more starting time than my 200E so....?

thanks for your help !

best regards, Fred You can see all of my W124 here :

F4dBd

Accumulator is hot start problem.

Cold start problem can be a few thing... I would start out by checking your fuel pump relay... you say by flicking the switch on and off... activatiing the fuel pump more... builds up pressure for easier starting. Maybe your fuel pump is on the way out... but you must have it tested before you replace it.

Reply to
Tiger

Hi,

Dans le message :EmMAc.16387$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net, Tiger a publié :

ok, i've read more about this hot start you're right.

Perhaps, but sound of "them" (there is 2 fuel pomps on the 300CE-24) are very similar with sound of fuel pump of my 200E,

Perhaps no-return valve is the problem ?

only Mercedes can resolve my problem :-(

Thanks for your answer !

Fred.

Reply to
F4dBd