300D 1983

Hello all,
I have an opportunity to buy a 1983 300D with 212k miles. I have not driven it yet and I am meeting with the seller today. It looks great from the outside and the interior looks sharp as well. Can you guys
fill me in on what I should be looking for as I go throuhg it? I can take it to a mechanic to look at which I intend to do. But what else should I concern myself with? Any input would be great. I loved the car as soon as I saw it. I am going to convert it to run on waste oil from the various fast food restaurants and such. I want to drive around with free fuel and smell like a french fry.
Aaron
The quality of a 212K mile car in a nutshell?
Diesel engines work on compression so a compression test will tell the remaining life of the motor. A check of the front & rear suspension is mandatory. Suggest you first get used to the diesel before messing with a conversion to alt. fuel.
permission.
Well I did what I never thought I would do. I just bought it straight out. I drove it around, looked uner the hood, looked under the car and it looked clean as a whistle. It drove great and the thing is gorgeous. I did not notice anything wrong with it and I think I got a great deal. Of course if the thing doesn't start tomorrow, or dies on my way to work, then I will have done wrong. But for now, it is awesome. BTW, I paid 2700 for it. I think it was a steal.
On Nov 14, 11:39 am, "-->> T.G. Lambach <<--" <"T.G. Lambach at NoHamorSpamcomcast.net"> wrote:

It was a steal! Well done and good luck with it!