300D Alternator Bolt

Well, as I vaguely surmised, the bolt in the lower alternator bracket was broken off--deep inside the channel. I have therefore given up and made an appointment at the shop to have this extracted.
I mention this only as a follow-up to the many earlier posts, and to keep the members who were kind enough to offer help posted.
The moral to the story is: If your alternator appears to be missing an attach bolt, then the bolt is probably sheared off. This is a 19mm bolt, and therefore, I did not even consider attempting an "easy out" as I could not get at the shaft to drill it accurately. The shop will probably remove the entire bracket in order to do this, but I was not set up to do that at his time.
Thanks again, all!
That bolt is either 10 or 12 mm, not 19. It may take a 19mm wrench or socket, but it surely is not 3/4" thick!

You're right--it has a 19 mm hex head, but is probably 10-12 mm.