300D Bellhousing

Hello,
I have been asked by my father in law to source a Mercedes 300D bellhousing...This will be hooked up to a Borg Warner Velvet Drive, model #AS1-71C...The Mercedes is a 1977...
Can anyone possibly offer some assistance here?...
Thank you
He wants to use a 300D diesel in a boat and connect a marine transmission to the engine?
If so, suggest you turn the inquiry around and start with the marine transmission and what engines can be connected to the transmission. The marine transmission manufacturer will have much more information on that than us car guys.
Most 300D M-B engines were sold with automatic transmissions, some M-B 240D models were sold with 4 speed manual transmissions - you should know this as these respective bell housings may differ (I don't know if they do, but it's a question to ask when he starts kicking the iron.)
Hope this helps.