300D climate control

I recently bought an amazing 300D which had no manual. Can someone share with me what the horizontal climate buttons control? I know the far left one is for defrost and the far right turns the fans off, but I have no idea what the middle ones do.

Silly question, but I have no clue and its hot in the ATL.

Reply to
aaron

Year?

The horizontal ones usually control the vents. A/C is controlled by the vertical buttons: top for defrost (A/C always on, heater to adjust temp), middle for automatic (A/C on when cooling is needed), bottom for no A/C.

aar> I recently bought an amazing 300D which had no manual. Can someone

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

There are three different Climate Control systems for the 300 123 series vehicles. Does your car have a wheel with numbers on it to the left of the buttons? A wheel that has degrees Celcius on it? If it does you have type III, which is what my car has.

On type three, the automatic climate control system, the buttons are, from left to right:

Super Defrost

All vents open, for clearing the dust out, should be used for at least

5 minutes, monthly

AC and dehydrated heat

Economy heat (no AC engaged)

Off

The buttons to the right of the five button center group provide manual control of the fan speeds. Most of the time you should have the small button in the middle engaged as it is for the automatic setting. I think there are seven different fan speeds on automatic, but just two, slow and fast, on manual.

If you have type III and all the vacuum controls are working it is a miracle! But they can be diagnosed and repaired. I have my dashboard out for the 3rd time right now as I have had another vacuum failure under there somewhere.

If you e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@inyopro.com I will send you the vacuum diagram for your car. I need the year and model.

Reply to
heav

Reply to
Wan-ning Tan

First time was to repair a vacuum actuator on the climate control

Second time was to replace the evaporator on the AC (I did that when I was renewing the engine and the entire job took me 4 months, working on it in my spare time, etc.)

I have it out now because I have a vacuum leak and I am pretty sure it is in the climate control system because I heard a squealing sound like air leaking somewhere just before the vacuum leak problems started. I think it may have just been a loose hose, but I won't know for sure until I get my AC put together and the radiator and stuff back in the car. I am completely rebuilding the AC with all new parts and hoses.

I am no expert, however, I have to look at the manual every time to be sure to remember every screw and bolt.

Reply to
heav

Thanks all. Mine is an 83 turbo D. I am thinking it is the type 3 as there is a temp wheel, in Celsius, to the left of the 5 horizontal buttons. I have been running the a/c button and the a/c works well. I was wondering what the button to the right did. Now I know.

Thanks!!

Now two more questions about this car. 1) there is a button between the driver side front and back window. What is that for? 2) what does the black lever(kind of a circle) do that is located on the side of the seats? It looks the same as the thing that slides the seat forward. Any ideas?

PS. I love this frekin car. I have been fixing stuff on it and it is a blast to work on!!

Reply to
aaron

What year is your car?

Reply to