300D Fuel Primer

I changed fuel filters today and realized for the first time that my injector pump has a Bosch plunger-type primer pump that does not unscrew. Has anyone else had experience with these type hand pumps? It seemed like it took forever to purge the system of air, but I was finally able to get the air out. I doubt that this pump had anything to do with it, but was curious because I have never seen one of these before.

Reply to
randallbrink

I recently replaced mine original one which was leaking with one of these. It's smaller and unlike the original, you don't unscrew it, you just push it. As far as functionality, not sure I could make a fair comparison, as I did not change the filters at the time. I did bleed it though and the pump seemed to work OK, but there wasn't as much air in my case either.

Since then I've seen the old style apparently still available.

Reply to
trader4

This is welcome news, as I did not know how to deal with this new wrinkle in the W123. I must say it works fine, but it did seem like it took a lot more pumping, and a lot more evacuating fuel to purge the air from just changing filters.

Thanks again!

Reply to
randallbrink