300D Glow Plugs

Although this has been covered extensively, I want to clarify some information from earlier posts.
My understanding is, that if you have the "loop type" (older) glow
plugs, AND your glow plug light comes on, then ALL of you glow plugs must be working. I further understand that this is because the plugs are wired in series, thus, one goes out, the light does NOT come on.
I've gleaned every post hereon regarding the issue, and these are the deductions I've made. The reason for the clarification is that I have the old type and my glow plug lights just fine, and I want to verify that I do not need to change glowplugs, if that is the case.
Thanks, as always, for all information and advice.
Correct.

I changed my 240D to the newer type glow plugs and it starts after about 10 seconds of glow plug heating if the temp is above 30 F. 40 seconds if colder down to 10 F. I parked it when it started snowing. For the expense...about $100.00 I would change the old loop type out just for the convenience. Steve

Do they interchange and you just eliminate the series wiring, or are there other components necessary to convert?
Bosch makes a 'quick glow kit'. It comes with the large glow plugs with pin type heater elements, wiring, and a relay. It was either FGK1 or FGK2 [FGK means Fast Glow Kit]. I am not sure if it still available. This place shows it under the 10 digit Bosch number and you need to order the 5th glow plug. Not sure about this...... http://store.autopartsliquidations.biz/0250201953.html and it sends you to this 5th glow plug: 0 250 201 039
This is the part number of the large type pin glow plug: http://store.autopartsliquidations.biz/0250201044.html
This place sells the kit for less than $20 and you need to get the 5th glow plug: 0 250 201 044 http://www.autoguide.net/apf/mercedes-engine_parts/240item-u8899_882213ylh.html

Do they interchange and you just eliminate the series wiring, or are there other components necessary to convert?
Here is FGK1 but it is missing the relay and is over priced: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOSCH-DIESEL-CAR-FAST-GLOW-KIT-MERCEDES-BENZ-1968-76_W0QQitemZ250199172232QQcmdZViewItem
Amazon shows FGK1, FGK2, and FGK50 as not available [which I was coming up with all over the place] (Amazon.com product link shortened)

Thanks very much for all this. I will look into the conversion kit.

I also don't knwo if it is still available. But I do know that dieselgiant.com sells a conversion kit.
Bill