300d headlights / only high beams work

my 84 300d started acting weird the other day.

all the fuses are ok in the fusebox.

maybe the headlight switch is busted?

Reply to
mike

Have you checked your bulb to make sure the low beam is still good? Then I'd suspect your hi/lo switch at the signal stalk... if pushed toward the instrument cluster, it would be in high beam... if back toward steering wheel, low beam should come back on.

Reply to
Tiger

The low beams should be fine. they were working a week ago.

i did put in a new glowplug relay. is it possible the relay is bad?

it's brand new and the car kicks over nicely now.

still now glowplug indicator (besides a flicker when i turn the ignition).

maybe a bad glowplug. i just replaced those too!

i'm getting pretty frustrated with this car right now.

i love it! just put in new shocks, but this stuff is driving me mad.

maybe i should just take it to a garage?

Reply to
mike

after reading some other threads, it seems like it might be at the stalk.

it is weird to me that this just happened after a new relay.

i'm going to check take a look at the relay when i get home as well as the fuses.

fuses looked fine, but maybe they are corroded a little.

so close to getting this thing tip top!

thanks for all the help you guys.

i surely couldn't of gotten this far without you all~!

Reply to
mike

Make sure the fuses are making good contact. "spin" them a bit in the holder. Even if the look good they may not be doing the job.

Reply to
me

thanks for the advice!

i'll definitely give that a try..

Reply to
mike

I would change all the fuses... I don't trust old fuses. They all look good until you take them out and see it is corroded or rusted away in the middle.

Reply to
Tiger

ok. i replaced allt he fuses, still getting the same problem.

weird though, i closed the hood and the side (blinker) lights started up.

it's probably a loose connection somewhere, just don't know where..

Reply to
mike