300D Radiator Recommendations

I need a replacement radiator. Are there any brands that are better than others? Any to avoid?

Thanks

Reply to
Commuter

Richard Bird

I think Mercedes uses Behr radiators. I got a new one a few months ago. No problems.

Regards, Peter

Reply to
Ximinez

I'll check into that.

Reply to
Commuter

They do use Behr. They are very expensive.

Reply to
Commuter

It is a 1985. No neck with plastic end caps. The ones that I was looking at on ebay don't tell the manufactures name.

Reply to
Commuter

Don't know what year you got so can't help with pricing. Wow... the radiator prices for Mercedes has gone up quite a bit since last time I bought one.

If you have plastic on your radiator, I find it is unreliable to repair it. If you have all brass unit, you can have it repaired, however, the same thing still applies... it may not last long.

Nissens radiator is very high quality and I have bought and used three of them. no problem at all for years. On the BMW side, Behr radiator tends not to last for the broken hose neck problem.

As for cheapest radiator, you may be able to find it on ebay.

Reply to
Tiger

Found this website... $160 and free shipping... will be all metal. I think it is made in China.

Reply to
Tiger

Car Parts Wholesale also has website... and they have 4 choices there... the cheapest is Silla and has lifetime warranty for $165

Tiger