300D shift flare

Hi,

I have an '83 300D that I purchased from the original owner with 140,xxx miles. The car overall is in great shape, however the transmission is starting to act up a little. It currently has about 160,xxx miles. On the

3-4 shift it sometimes revs a little under partial throttle. Under full throttle or light throttle it is fine. I have adjusted the pressure cable on top of the engine and I still get this. It is probably time for a rebuild?

Also, I have heard conflicting information about the fluid to use, although I haven't checked with the dealer yet. What fluid seems to work best?

Thank you

Reply to
Jeff

how about second to third shifts? mine have been doing this for 3 years now and they have not gotten any worse

was told after fluid & flter changes it may need a valve body

the case, minus a few cans!

Reply to
pool man

Fluid is Dextron... but feel free to use any semi or full synthetic fluid.

I would adjust the modulator so it shift firmer... by adjusting the cable, you are adjusting when it will shift... at higher or lower RPM.

Reply to
Tiger

You probably are not getting enough vacuum. Ihave 244k miles on my tranny and it works like new. I removed the EGR valve and upped the vacuum hugely. P.

Reply to
Peter