300D Veggie Oil

I just bought a nice old 300D that I would like to convert to Veggie Oil. Can anyone advise me as to the pros and Cons of this? How much of a PITA is
it? Thanks, David
try www.greaseworks.com (or something close to that) there's also a biodiesel coop or two. Do an Internet search for "biodiesel".
permission.
it's www.greaseworks.org they also sell Vitron fuel hose kits for biodiesel
permission.
D&LBusch wrote:

Search this group for discussions about it. There's nothing absolutely required to pour vegetable oil into your tank and start using it for fuel, but there are a considerable number of gotchas, the seriousness of which vary depending on how handy you are.
There are a ton of different conversions, although none of the ones offered for sale in the US (maybe that's a big assumption?) are truly complete. A company called Elsbett in Germany makes replacement injectors which take it all the way home. A local shop had a kit from them that someone else was going to have installed, and it looked pretty trick.
That said, I've been running 30-60% soybean oil from Costco in my car with its totally stock fuel delivery system, a '79 300TD, and it's been running pretty well although I definitely notice it's slightly less powerful on the stuff, and a "thick" mix makes it a bit tougher to start in the mornings (those chilly San Diego mornings where it's a chilly 40 degrees F! heh).
-tom!
This link journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html will give you a lot of good info. Even though it is dedicated to biodiesel, it still gives good info and lets YOU decide what to do. Yes, I am biased towards biodiesel, but I won't fault you for what you want to do. Have fun with it!!
OOOPS! try this link so it is easier for you http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html