300E-1990-auto problem

Hi there,

my car performs perfectly except for when I drive it from a cold start the transmission changes seem delayed and are certainly harsh. After about 5 minutes of running the changes settle down and are good. All other aspects of the transmission operation seem normal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Reply to
john.doylenet

This is normal behavior to allow the cats to warm up.

Reply to
Kenneth P. Stox

Thank you,

I assume you mean the converter. Now I feel better.

This car has done 290k's and is in showroom condition. It's had all services recommended done by a merc dealer.

Gotta love the old 300E 24V........it's the best mercedes has made in a long time.

Reply to
john.doylenet

Yep... normal... for faster warmup.

Reply to