300E-1990-auto problem

Hi there,
my car performs perfectly except for when I drive it from a cold start the transmission changes seem delayed and are certainly harsh. After
about 5 minutes of running the changes settle down and are good. All other aspects of the transmission operation seem normal.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

This is normal behavior to allow the cats to warm up.

Thank you,
I assume you mean the converter. Now I feel better.
This car has done 290k's and is in showroom condition. It's had all services recommended done by a merc dealer.
Gotta love the old 300E 24V........it's the best mercedes has made in a long time.
Yep... normal... for faster warmup.