300E 2.6 cold starting problem

Just got a 1990 300E 2.6 with 170k on it, and it has problems starting after it has sat for more then 4 hours. So far my friends and I have come up with maybe the fuel pump is losing its prime and needs to be
replaced. Does this sound correct?
What do you mean by cold starting? How long does it take to start? It is most likely the fuel pump relay that needs to be replaced.
it starts fine when it has only been off for less then 3 hours, which is why I didnt think it was a relay
"Tiger" wrote