300E 2.8 cruise control

I just put a '93 300E 2.8 on the road. It's a great car, I love it.
The cruise control doesn't work. Are there any *simple*, shade-tree mechanic things (fuses, etc.) I can check before I have a shop take a
look?
Many thanks, this group has been very helpful to me...
Yes, there is... at:
http://www.mbca.org/pages/tech/MBCA_Troubleshooting_cruise_cont.htm
Tiger Can you tell me where the cruise control amplifier box is located in the 84 380 SL? and how do I gain access? Looks like a nightmare to get into that dash. TIA Jack
This should be located nearby your brake pedal... I am not sure but of all the MB I have seen, they are always there... nearby the cruise control switch.
Thanks for your reply Tiger, I think I can get to it by pulling the dash cluster, my only problem is that can't seem to do that w/o removing the steering wheel. Any ideas how to pull the wheel? TIA Jack
You do not need to pull dash out... The bottom cluster comes off... you may not see the screws because it is hidden behind the trim... look for it.
You do not need to remove steering wheel to get the cluster out... it does slip out given right direction.