300E 24 VALVE AIR CON PROBLEM

Hi,
Just converted my 1990 Mercedes 300E 24 Valve to run on L.PG, and it runs fine.
A while after I got it back from the garage I used the Air Conditioner
only to find it wasn't working.
My auto elec can't figure it out as it was fine before the guy did the gas conversion, and assures me that the wiring he touched was nowhere near the air conditioner unit.
The auto elec " hot wired " and the compressor is working fine and full of 134a gas.
A while back I had to replace the circuit card that runs the cruise control, and I am sure someone here mentioned that that also has something to do with the air conditioning system ???????
Can anyone shed any light on my problem ????
Thanks,
Neil Australia
Hi Neil-Can't help you with the AC problem but I'm wondering if you ever got to the bottom of the oil burning problem.

control,