300E Cat Update.....

Well I cut the catalytic converter with a recipricating saw and cut it open. It is all black in side with broken pieces in it. On each ends where the daul pipes are there is also debris. For starters I am just going to bypass the cat and secure the O2 Sensor. If the 02 sensor is not attached to that section of the cat, thern what the worst thing that can happen....Maybe the check engine light stays on??? - Thanks- Chuck, Monmouth County NJ My inspection is good for about 18 months. If ineed to I can get a sticker put on or by then maybe ill install a new cat.

Reply to
Chuckyg

New cat is cheap if you just buy the core cat... instead of the whole assembly. but the time and effort may not be worth it... your call... Magnaflow by Carsound... and buy it on ebay.

Getting caught will yield massive fine that cost more than your car alone.

Reply to
Tiger