300e central locking problem

About 1 week and a half ago my 1990 300e died on me.After diagnosing the problem it turned out to be a worn out voltage regulator on the alternator.
I fixed the car after about a week in my driveway. Now the central locking system will not lock the doors, I have to manually lock each door. I think the fuse is fine because the anti theft system is still working. The only thing i remember doing is unlocking the car and locking it a few times when it wasn`t running. Maybe it is vacuum locked or something..........I also boosted the car a few times as well and maybe that had something to do with it. The locks functioned great before this , so i doubt that i have a vacuum leak.
any thoughts would be appreciated
snipped-for-privacy@eastlink.ca

The locks are vacuum operated. What else could it be?
It wasn`t the vacuum. To fix it I isconected the battery pulled the fuse and put it back in and it works fine now.

Ah. Might be a good idea to replace all the fuses. When they get old they sometimes stop working even though they aren't blown.
What does this fuse protect?