300E Front Flex Disk Removal

I have read some posts regarding this subject. It's been stated that there is no reason to drop the driveshaft. I want to avoid that but I'm concerned thet there is a 'centering sleeve' that's pressed into the
driveshaft front flange that connects through to the transmission flange. If the driveshaft doesn't move back, how does a disconnected Flex disk drop out of the mesh. The Mercedes(official) shop manual says to loosen the drive shaft center nut 2 turns. Is this the required action to open up the required clearance to drop the flex disk out and away? Thanks for your help
never done it on a w124, but on my w116 6.9 that's the exact procedure I did and it worked. I required a 46mm open ended wrench to undo the nut and shrink the tail shaft, I don't know if it would be the same size on the w124.
|I have read some posts regarding this subject. It's been stated that | there is no reason to drop the driveshaft. I want to avoid that but I'm | concerned thet there is a 'centering sleeve' that's pressed into the | driveshaft front flange that connects through to the transmission | flange. If the driveshaft doesn't move back, how does a disconnected | Flex disk drop out of the mesh. The Mercedes(official) shop manual says | to loosen the drive shaft center nut 2 turns. Is this the required | action to open up the required clearance to drop the flex disk out and | away? Thanks for your help

I would image there is plenty of play once the disk is loosened for it to come flopping out?
Dunno for sure, hopefully someone with more experience will chime in?
Tiger?