300E Idling Problems

Hello Folks, I have a 1991 300E. When I first start it when cold, it will not idle unless I hold my foot on the accelerator. When coming to a stop it stalls. After driving for a few minutes, it is okay. I have done all the routing tune-up procedures (plugs, distrubutor, filter etc). Any ideas? Thanks, Brian Yates

Reply to
Brian Yates

Change the temperature sensor for fuel injection system... basically the sensor is not telling the computer thar the engine is cold so that it could provide richer fuel mixture.

Reply to
Tiger

Great, Thanks. Can I assume that it would be found on the intake manifold? Brian

Reply to
Brian Yates

Yep... just go to the dealer and they will pull up a picture of where it goes... Do not change it while the car is hot... hot pressurized coolant will shoot out. If you can squeeeze the hose and no pressure, then you are safe.

Reply to
Tiger