300E length of life....

How long should a well maintained 89 M103 300E last?

Reply to
Chuckyg

Basically as long as you are willing to repair it i.e. replace the parts that wear out.

At some point that cost will exceed the car's market value and it will be sent to the bone yard.

IMHO that point will occur at 250K miles +/- 15%.

Reply to
Thomas Lambach

If the oil is changed very regularly, and you don't use green antifreeze, it should give over 300,000 miles. P.

Reply to
pkmaven

well my 300E has 250k km on it and - for all intends and purposes - is still like new. Not being winter driven in Ontario it has no rust. The only problem I've encountered with it is ...... well nothing other than brakes etc. Oh yes, the evaporator on the AC went.... not worth repairing IMHO. I'm looking forward to driving it many more years and km. By the way, 250k km is about 155k miles.

thanks for the heads-up re the 400k km guess estimate re life time

cheers, guenter

Reply to
Guenter Scholz

Reply to