300E-Loud fan noise when excelerating

Today I was out in my 300E around town and I went to give it a full throttle step down and it sounded like my girlfriends 300SDL. It was this somewhat loud fan kicking in. THe temp guage was around 80-85C. This
happens only when i give it a lot of gas in high tempatures.
-Chuck-NJ
It's probably your auxilary fans kicking on... they are located right in front of the radiators/condensors... it kicked in because your A/C is on.