300E Repair Manual

I am still tracking down a hesitation on initial acceleration.
I did not get the full set of the factory repair manuals with the gray soft bound covers before they were discontinued. I need the test
sequence for voltage to the electrohydraulic actuator (EHA) and CIS-E electronic control module.
Do the factory CDs have a testing for the fuel system using a generic multi-meter? Some posters have stated that they feel the CDs are worthless. Does the Haynes aftermarket manual have a decent testing sequence?
I am looking for a detailed testing sequence like the thorough testing sequence provided in the factory manual for testing the air conditioning system. It assisted me in narrowing down my a/c problem, it would quit cooling after about 10 minutes but would recycle and cool again for another 5 minutes or so each time if the key was shut off, to a bad KLIMA relay.
What is the group's opinion before spending a lot of money on factory CDs?
Pete Cowper 1987 300E