300E seat removal

I tried to remove the driver's (power) seat from my 1990 300E the other day, and there did not seem to be any way to disconnect the power cable. One end disappeared into the floor. The other end went up into
the seat motors. There was no connector, as there is with virtually all auto electric components.
The overpriced Mercedes service manual was no help. It just has instructions for the perfectly obvious removal of a nonpower seat.
Anyone know how to remove this thing? Thanks in advance.
follow the cable to where it goes under the carpet, there will be a socket and plug, not under the carpet though, where it goes to...
| I tried to remove the driver's (power) seat from my 1990 300E the | other day, and there did not seem to be any way to disconnect the power | cable. One end disappeared into the floor. The other end went up into | the seat motors. There was no connector, as there is with virtually all | auto electric components. | | The overpriced Mercedes service manual was no help. It just has | instructions for the perfectly obvious removal of a nonpower seat. | | Anyone know how to remove this thing? Thanks in advance. |
Hello Farang,
If I remember correctly there are maybe three plugs you need to disconnect and a couple of them may be tough to remove if they have never been disconnected. I took both of my front seats out to repair the upholstery and was pretty surprised that they were as tough to remove and repair as they were.
Something else you might want to watch out for if you're planning on further disassembling the seat is to be careful that you don't leave it in the full back position because although that position make it easier to unplug everything, it also covers two bolts that hold the seat bottom to the frame.
Mike