300E : Tapping Noise

When I start my 89 300E up I get this tapping noise. Almost sound slike a valve tap. What would a valve job cost on this car? I have 125,000 miles on it and I am
in the process of giving it to my girlfriend. I recently put in new motor mounts and a shock absorber.- Chuck
The tapping can be the belt... did you change the belt when you did the tensioner?
So it taps a bit. Forget it.
At next oil change use synthetic oil and it will be quiet.
Valves cost me $1,100 on a '90 300e (100,000 miles). Doesn't use a drop of oil now between oil changes.