300e Wiper system

My 88 300E wipers are noticeably slower when the outside air temperature is below freezing. I pulled the entire wiper assembly out and checked the linkage. It looks good and now I suspect the cam. I see some screws
on the underside of the cam cover area but I was wondering if I can service the cam with cleaning and re-lubricating. Can the cam area be exposed by removing the top plastic cover? Can it be pried off or do the underside screws have to be removed?
Clean it up and lube it up... should solve the problem.
Tiger wrote:

Thanks Tiger. What is the way to access the cam area?