300SD crying like a puppy!!

I have to share this story. I was driving my 1980 300SD down the four lane at about 65 when a loud WAAOOO--WAAAOOOOO sound started from the car sounding like a puppy in pain. OH NO, I thought, the tranny is going! Or is it the turbo? I slowed down and the noise stopped. Well, it must be the turbo. The sound happened a couple more times before I got home at various speeds and I was then sure it was the transmission or a bearing at the rear of the engine. When I parked the car and got out the mystery of the noise was immediately solved! The chrome moulding around the front window gasket had become loose and the wind and molding were making the howling sound!

Reply to
Walt